Community Development Director is hired by the City Council and directs the communications and other community building and supporting efforts of the City.
- Manage and optimize City social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Manage and optimize City websites
- Generate original content for digital and print mediums including press releases
- Track and analyze analytic reports to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and effectiveness; utilize this information to positively affect future outcomes as well as providing regular engagement summary reports to the Harrisburg City Council
- Assist all City departments with grant writing
- Always presents professional appearance and attitude and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Other duties as assigned by the City Administrator.
- Community Programming
- Organize and plan annual events including but not limited to Harrisburg Days and National Night Out
- Youth and adult recreation programs
- Educational and awareness programs
- Community Organization Support
- Act as a liaison to Harrisburg based community organizations including but not limited to the Harrisburg Economic Development Corporation, Harrisburg Community Foundation, Harrisburg Optimist Club, and Harrisburg Lions
- Supports the missions, goals, and efforts of community organization with time and resources available
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Perform other duties, projects and tasks as may be required by the City Administrator and/or to assure the success of City operations and services
- Education and Work Experience
- Graduation from high school or GED certification.
- Graduation from an accredited accounting course or an equivalent combination of education and experience to enable the person to accomplish the tasks of this position
- Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including effective communication skills is required
- Must be proficient with office technology and able to effectively use a variety of applications including Word, Outlook, Excel, e-mail and internet
- Must have graphic design and adobe photoshop experience
- Must have excellent organizational skills, being able to multi-task between 2-4 tasks at once
- Must have ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Must have effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to adapt to various situations and people
- Physical Capabilities
- Work is primarily performed in a normal office setting. Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment, occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific visions abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Requires some travel to business meetings and conferences.
- Must be able to operate normal office equipment, review work products, file and retrieve files
- Additional Requirements
- Valid driver’s license; safe driving record
- The City of Harrisburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by South Dakota or federal law.
- In accordance with the American’s with Disabilities Act, the City of Harrisburg will consider reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
- This position description is intended to provide a fairly comprehensive and accurate description of the position, but it will not cover all aspects, details or tasks required. Other functions, responsibilities and requirements may be assigned, and this position description may be changed at the direction of the Finance Officer at any time.